Sunday, September 07, 2008

First road test

My latest lowracer has been tested with success today. It weighs 8.4Kg complete (pedal included but no seat pad) and it dampers very well the bumps, much better than my previous lowracer.
The steering column is not 100% perfect but I can ride with NO hands but I can't pedal just yet. I will change that on the next bike.
I found a damaged Compagnon wheel for 150euros and after repair, it looks Ok and fast. I will soon compare it with a MAVIC CCU because it is much lighter.
Talking about light wheels, in a shop in Provence, I saw the LEW carbon wheels that have been crash tested by the UCI and I was suprised to see a layer of Kevlar in the rim, a stainless steel spoke and a couple of white strings that looked like PBO unbedded in the carbon spoke. The front wheel (700C) was only 300g and the rear wheel 500g. Where will they stop?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salut Speedy Malric,
Je viens de voir ton site : ça m'impressionne à un point !! Vraiment superbe, ce vélo, ce cadre (le bateau aussi). Je me dis toujours qu'il y a des génies !! Le concept Dechenne aussi.
Vous avez vraiment tu talent dans la tête et dans les mains !!
A pluche ©
Bertrand79 (trike Challenge)

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home